Welcome to SHTF Forum, SHTF Preparedness. Click here to register

Easy DIY - PVC Hand/well pump designs?

Anything related to water wells, water pumps, Drive point well system, help with wells, ways to pump water from your well.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:57 pm
I have found a few designs on the net but what I don't know is how far the pumps will draw the water out of a well. Our static level is at about 45'. I also noticed that they seem to be more complicated in design than possibly needed??? Looking at dropping at least 60' of PVC down maybe even 80' depending on the suction I can get out of a PVC hand pump.
Any ideas are welcome.

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 112 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:06 pm
a deep well hand pump with the foot extending down to the static water level will pull water from 175 ft past that depth the water just gets too heavy to pump to the surface.... a surface mount hand pump will pull about 20 ft.
not sure about your home made hand pump.
a simple well bucket can be made to fit into a cased well though

plans for a well bucket can be found
http://www.alpharubicon.com/primitive/w ... itfire.htm
LIVE FREE & DIE WELL

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 68 times

Blog:
View Blog (2)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:33 pm
Here's a design I came up with for emergency use.Pretty easy to make. Image
.Matt
I want to die in my sleep just like my Grandpa,not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car. ""I'm the one you go to when something absolutely has to go"Kaaboommm"!!!!""

goinpostal has recieved thanks for this post, by:

Fictional Character, TXBK
Rating: 12.5%

Site Admin
Site Admin
Gave Thanks: 1069 times

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:01 am
goinpostal wrote:Here's a design I came up with for emergency use.Pretty easy to make.

Thanks Matt. thats a great idea.
Click Here For Google Search Of SHTFM.COM
Click Here For OUR Search Of SHTFM.COM
What Does BOB, BOL, OPSEC And other Acronyms mean ? Click Here To Find Out

**PRIVACY NOTICE:**
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using www.shtfm.com or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law, under section UCC 1-103 1-308
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:13 am
Really cool i want to make one this weekend

Link To Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwGVH1ADMDs

Big Design

Link To Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgR3cE9MRBs

See Through Demo

Link To Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgbpHHVGZaw&NR=1

Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using www.shtfm.com or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law, under section UCC 1-103 1-308

Fictional Character has recieved thanks for this post, by:

RRMom
Rating: 6.25%

Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:16 am
goinpostal wrote:Here's a design I came up with for emergency use.Pretty easy to make. Image
.Matt

Like this kinda

Link To Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzD6k2OoQ5Y

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 304 times

Blog:
View Blog (1)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 am
:gs: Thanks Good idea
( If you don't live something You will die for nothing ) Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. Molon Labe

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 68 times

Blog:
View Blog (2)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:46 am
I hadn't seen that stuff before I came up with the drawing.
I thought of it after having problems with my submersable 4"deep well.
I asked myself how the h3ll I would be able to get water out of a 4"pipe,100'+down if the power were out for a long period of time.
It would require pulling the pump,but would be doable if worst come to worst.
Matt

[ Posted via mobile device ] Image
I want to die in my sleep just like my Grandpa,not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car. ""I'm the one you go to when something absolutely has to go"Kaaboommm"!!!!""

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 35 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:55 pm
This is something I kind of had in mind for emergency back up well pump to the house.

http://www.simplepump.com/OUR-PUMPS/Hand-Operated.html

This is what got my attention about the item.

Standard 24-inch handle
With the standard 24" handle, this hand-operated Simple Pump requires such little force to operate, it easily pumps 5 gallons per minute from depths up to about 300 feet - AND CAN PUMP RIGHT INTO YOUR
PRESSURIZED HOUSEHOLD PLUMBING

This is the one I want to run out to the creek for my garden if/when my rainbarrel system is out of water

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055V1XX ... 10-6854710

[ Posted via mobile device ] Image
TX

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

(Abraham Lincoln)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:46 pm
Last weekend, I made one similar to the one going postal shows. My well pipe is 4", I used a 3" pipe about two foot long for the bucket. My water table is about 65 feet down. Worked well. I get about 3/4 gallon of water. I plan on adding a reel of some type with a crank to make the retrieval easier. Good job for one of the kids if it becomes necessary to use it as a water source.

fivesuns

Return to Water Wells, Pumps, Drive Point, Well Help