Welcome to Survival Forum -SHTF Forum - Preparedness Forum. Click here to register

increase home door security for a couple bucks

Preparedness tips fpr , emergency , disaster , hurricane , earthquake, etc..
SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1247 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Link To Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0-3iIlDM1M
Molon Labe - King Leonidas' response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae. Translation: "Come and take them"

nickdanger has recieved thanks for this post, by:

Fictional Character
Rating: 6.25%

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 29 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:58 am
I had to use 3' screws on my front and back doors just to get them straight. The HUD morons put in cheap, door units, and the striket plates were screwed just into the inner trim pieces.

It'll take a big somebody to get in here. Then they've got to deal with an armed homeowner and a pissed off Schnauzer. :D

:USA: :USA:
[..end of a biting diatribe outlining MODERN America being the greatest country] "We lead the world in only three categories: number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending, where we spend more than the next twenty-six countries combined, twenty-five of whom are allies. None of this is the fault of a 20-year-old college student, but you, nonetheless, are without a doubt a member of the WORST-period-GENERATION-period-EVER-period, so when you ask what makes us the greatest country in the world, I don't know what the f*** you're talking about! Yosemite?" - Jeff Daniels on 'The Newsroom'

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
John Bernard Books

To Paraphrase Dr. King:
"I have a dream that all men will one day be judged not by the size of their bank account or for their legal business affiliations, but by the content of their character".
Lord, help me to quit worrying about,
HALF-full or HALF-empty,
and make me thankful, for the glass!

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1519 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 am
You can't keep them out, but you can slow them down. If your handy you could make a 24" striker plate out of common hardware store stock 1 1/2" x 1/8". I like leaving the front door wide open, kinda make them think, "wait a minute, somethings not right here. :shock: " :D
Be ever so carful of the Intellects, It will be the Simple folks that hold the Mark.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Gave Thanks: 1200 times

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:27 am
2x4 across inswing door will surely slow them down a little more :D :D
Click Here For Google Search Of SHTFM.COM
Click Here For OUR Search Of SHTFM.COM
What Does BOB, BOL, OPSEC And other Acronyms mean ? Click Here To Find Out

Click Here for my Chest Fridge with power consumption readings

**PRIVACY NOTICE:**
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using www.shtfm.com or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law, under section UCC 1-103 1-308
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1519 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:08 am
Fictional Character wrote:2x4 across inswing door will surely slow them down a little more :D :D

I agree, however I can cut through a 2x4 with a sawzal or a chainsaw in seconds. Ever try to cut through one of those 4" deck screw with a sawzal, better have more than one blade. You can forget about a chainsaw could get hurt trying that.
Be ever so carful of the Intellects, It will be the Simple folks that hold the Mark.

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 177 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:56 am
LH,

1X3 cold rolled steel tubing, twice across the door will also do the trick. Use lag bolts (grade 8) and they aren't going to saw through them any time soon! (lag bolts to hold the slide in brackets of course or you'll never get it open either!) :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
Gave Thanks: 1200 times

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:54 pm
Lighthorse wrote:
Fictional Character wrote:2x4 across inswing door will surely slow them down a little more :D :D

I agree, however I can cut through a 2x4 with a sawzal or a chainsaw in seconds. Ever try to cut through one of those 4" deck screw with a sawzal, better have more than one blade. You can forget about a chainsaw could get hurt trying that.

It is to slow you down by the time you cut through anything of mine you would have died of lead poisoning lol
If i am asleep ad someone tries the ole kick in my door , while they are regretting trying that on my door and rubbing the foot i am already awake and on the move but they are still NOT IN MY HOUSE :D :D
[ Posted via mobile device ] Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click Here For Google Search Of SHTFM.COM
Click Here For OUR Search Of SHTFM.COM
What Does BOB, BOL, OPSEC And other Acronyms mean ? Click Here To Find Out

Click Here for my Chest Fridge with power consumption readings

**PRIVACY NOTICE:**
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using www.shtfm.com or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law, under section UCC 1-103 1-308
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fictional Character has recieved thanks for this post, by:

nickdanger

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 177 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:41 am
Excellent Point FC, :gs:

I also suggest investing in a Steel door. Many that are sold today as "exterior" doors are in fact injection molded plastic (fiberglass) with a filler. shrug

You can probably find a good steel door at a commercial salvage yard from a warehouse or other take down. I had a line on four of them as a commercial strip mall was being remodeled, came with steel frames and all for $25 a piece. Unfortunately, I had no use at the time. :beer:

Digital Willie has recieved thanks for this post, by:

nickdanger

Return to Tips