Welcome to Survival Forum -SHTF Forum - Preparedness Forum. Click here to register

DIY Barn Roof Shed Kit With Plans 8x14

Do it yourself DIY, How to do things and instructions. Lessons and help
Site Admin
Site Admin
Gave Thanks: 1192 times

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:59 pm
SO, I got 2 of these Kits at amazon you can get 1 kit makes a 7x8 shed , 2 kits make a 8x14 shed , or 3 kits make a 10x22 shed and I just got the first load of lumber today got screws, 1x4's, 2x4's, OSB and plywood.

So far I cut all 2x4's and 2 1x4's
Then I framed out floor and leveled it.

It is dark now but I will start taking pictures of the process. I will upload the plans also.
barn-instructions_part1.pdf

barn-instructions_part2.pdf

barn-instructions_part3.pdf

barn-instructions_part4.pdf

barn-instructions_part5.pdf

Edit for people who can not see pictures

Link To Video: https://youtu.be/YWPR2SnUUwo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click Here For Google Search Of SHTFM.COM
Click Here For OUR Search Of SHTFM.COM
What Does BOB, BOL, OPSEC And other Acronyms mean ? Click Here To Find Out

Click Here for my Chest Fridge with power consumption readings

**PRIVACY NOTICE:**
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using www.shtfm.com or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law, under section UCC 1-103 1-308
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fictional Character has recieved thanks for this post, by:

nickdanger
Rating: 6.25%

Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:12 am
So just an update, I do not like the flooring setup but i guess it makes it easier for the consumer to put the floor down but not as strong as putting the 2x4's the other way for strength but now you need to make more block support under the floor for strength.

Here are some pictures but it started raining last night so dont know how much i will get done today.

IMG_3457.JPG

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using www.shtfm.com or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law, under section UCC 1-103 1-308

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1227 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:43 am
Awesome project FC! If you need a hand with it just gimme a holler. Keep the pictures coming! :beer: :gs:

BTW, how much $ is this project gonna cost?
Molon Labe - King Leonidas' response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae. Translation: "Come and take them"

Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:19 am
nickdanger wrote:Awesome project FC! If you need a hand with it just gimme a holler. Keep the pictures coming! :beer: :gs:

BTW, how much $ is this project gonna cost?

Thanks nick and so far im in around About 887$ for the lumber, blocks, screws and bracket kits but will still need paint and shingles but i am using 1/2 plywood for walls not T1-11 or siding.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:40 pm
IMG_3463.JPG

IMG_3470.JPG

IMG_3471.JPG

When you put the brackets on it is much easier to put 1 on each end of the uprights then put your horizontal 2x4 in then put 2 more brackets in the middle then work on each one separate after that.
Do not try to put all the brackets on the uprights then try to put your horizontal 2x4 in cause it was a PAIN in the A$$ that is what i did on the first side. :D
IMG_3473.JPG

Fictional Character has recieved thanks for this post, by:

nickdanger

Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:50 pm
So you are supposed to do the 2 end pitches then install the horizontals then do the others but it got to cold out and i will need help to put them up so i will have more pictures tomorrow.
IMG_3523.JPG

Make sure you use a piece of scrap 2x4 to install them correctly or the angles and measurements will be off.

IMG_3525.JPG

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1227 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:40 pm
nice job FC, looks like you'll be done by next weekend at the rate you're going. Tomorrow is going to be colder, I have choir in the morning at church, then visit my mom and then going to the new Bass Pro Shop in Gainesville. After that I can give you a hand. Just send me a text...
Molon Labe - King Leonidas' response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae. Translation: "Come and take them"

nickdanger has recieved thanks for this post, by:

Fictional Character

Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:41 pm
Doing the rest of the roof is a real PITA but i got everything up myself since my daughter never showed to help.
Anyways here is some more pictures while i thaw out a little bit.

IMG_3527.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG

ADDED VIDEO TO 1st POST

Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:12 pm
So i Learned a couple things.

To NOT DO by Directions.
1. Do not cut all the O 2x4's only cut the 2 ends, (i would have rather let them longer for inside to make a loft lower they are the horizontals that go across roof trusses inside.
2. DO NOT cut any plywood or sheathing until you are ready then take measurements, I did not cut any yet and glad i haven't my measurements are off some.

To Possibly Change.
1. I would possibly change the floor frame so the 2x4s are horizontal you can still do that with the struts inside frame i think that it would be much stronger and less blocking for floor support. I think i will have to get more floor support.
2. Build wall studs on top of 2x4 screwed to floor with stringers near where "B" brackets will go, I do not like the flimsiness of the walls before all other supports are up and they still won't be as strong as I would like untill i put the sheathing up.

So far I would have to say for someone with little knowledge of carpentry this would be a good kit for them since you DO NOT have to cut angles and it is all 2x4's.
But the directions SUCK so I would look at them 4 or 5 times before you even start.
I would Definitely recommend 2 people. I am doing this by myself and it is a little hard when your up on ladder because the roof pitch is pretty high.

It is definitely worth the 110$ for the 2 kits with brackets, hell some of the other brackets at hardware store are 3$ -7$ each and I have a lot of brackets.

IMG_3539.JPG

IMG_3541.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_3550.JPG

IMG_3551.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1503 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:08 am
Looks like some pretty nice 2x4s for a kit.
Be ever so carful of the Intellects, It will be the Simple folks that hold the Mark.

Next

Return to DIY / How To's / Lessons