Welcome to Survival Forum -SHTF Forum - Preparedness Forum. Click here to register

why liberals are so confused

Jokes & Funny Humor
This section may contain 'adult' themes and if you're going to be offended, keep out
SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1247 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 pm
Molon Labe - King Leonidas' response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae. Translation: "Come and take them"

nickdanger has recieved thanks for this post, by:

Fictional Character, Lighthorse, tech
Rating: 18.75%

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 291 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:23 pm
...And that's on a good day!
...that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — But when a long train of abuses and usurpations...evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government...
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people...
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent...

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1519 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:00 am
Yep, Looking at the other side I'm just not seeing much different. I'm conservative, but not by their definition.
Be ever so carful of the Intellects, It will be the Simple folks that hold the Mark.

Lighthorse has recieved thanks for this post, by:

DH-KS
Rating: 6.25%

SHTF Expert
SHTF Expert
Gave Thanks: 1265 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:23 am
Lighthorse wrote:Yep, Looking at the other side I'm just not seeing much different. I'm conservative, but not by their definition.

Ain't that the truth, Lighthorse. It seems that, in Washington, D.C., a "conservative" is someone who wants to do the same thing the progressives want to do but do it in "stages". Like there's a "right way" to do a wrong thing. From where I'm sitting, it looks like we really have a ONE-party system masquerading as a two-party system. The old Soviet Union had it's politburo but at least they didn't pretend to be a gathering of anything but communists.

But I digress. Does anyone really believe that John Boehner's hand-picked successor actually has a three-part plan to phase in the full repeal of Obamacare? Even after "phase one" was developed behind closed doors; away from the eyes of the Freedom Caucus, the Heritage Foundation, and host of other truly conservative groups? If you do, it's time to step away from the Kool-Aid.
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

DH-KS has recieved thanks for this post, by:

Digital Willie, Lighthorse, nickdanger, tech
Rating: 25%

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:23 pm
When I listen. :D I FEEL LIKE I'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE. "In regards to those people and their talk." I like things simple, I'M LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME. :D So with that said I was thinking, in the last 30 years its become more and more important to have a High school diploma. In the last 20 years its become more and more important to have a collage diploma. All in POWER have these two documents. And things just seem to be getting more Fucked up. Quote Trump, "THIS IS A MESS..." So there we have it, if so be it you have one or both of these documents this doesn't mean your to blame. But the likely hood of it is HIGH in my MIND. I understand claerly what this means.
BOTTOM RAIL ON TOP NOW, bottom rail on top. Yep theres gonna be a fight. :beer: :USA:
Be ever so carful of the Intellects, It will be the Simple folks that hold the Mark.

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 177 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:47 am
LH,

I think the difference is that we have been so focused on getting degrees for everyone, that we don't even recognize that a degree in basket weaving, while perhaps an art form, or a heritage craft, is not something that is marketable at the present time. Yet, we endow these people who were smart enough to get said degree with the wisdom to make choices and become leaders. shrug

Not sure where I am rambling with this except to say that I think we have "dumbed down" a whole lot of things to the point where we feed the sheeple a rich diet of crap and fat and they believe it is healthy. If the majority of people today had critical thinking skills like we were taught decades ago, we might be in a better space to say that that the average citizen knows what is right and good. :shock:

As it stands today, I sit and watch the current incumbent of the White house backpedaling all over the place on various election promises, changing the rhetoric to present "alternative facts", and yet those that love him have nothing to say, and those that hate him feel empowered to rebel. :hb:

Get over it people! If you don't like it, change it. Not through violent revolution, but through constitutional means. :USA:

Digital Willie has recieved thanks for this post, by:

Lighthorse

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 29 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:58 pm
DW,
the biggest dumb down is ongoing. It started, IMO, with Cronkite and David Brinkley. They began to interject their 'feelings' into their stories. LBJ said, "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost middle America."

I'm not sure when the left realized how sheep like the citizens were, most people / families were lost about 15 minutes after that. And it sucks to be smart' in an Idiocracy.

:USA:
[..end of a biting diatribe outlining MODERN America being the greatest country] "We lead the world in only three categories: number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending, where we spend more than the next twenty-six countries combined, twenty-five of whom are allies. None of this is the fault of a 20-year-old college student, but you, nonetheless, are without a doubt a member of the WORST-period-GENERATION-period-EVER-period, so when you ask what makes us the greatest country in the world, I don't know what the f*** you're talking about! Yosemite?" - Jeff Daniels on 'The Newsroom'

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
John Bernard Books

To Paraphrase Dr. King:
"I have a dream that all men will one day be judged not by the size of their bank account or for their legal business affiliations, but by the content of their character".
Lord, help me to quit worrying about,
HALF-full or HALF-empty,
and make me thankful, for the glass!

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 am
Digital Willie wrote:LH,

I think the difference is that we have been so focused on getting degrees for everyone, that we don't even recognize that a degree in basket weaving, while perhaps an art form, or a heritage craft, is not something that is marketable at the present time. Yet, we endow these people who were smart enough to get said degree with the wisdom to make choices and become leaders. shrug

Not sure where I am rambling with this except to say that I think we have "dumbed down" a whole lot of things to the point where we feed the sheeple a rich diet of crap and fat and they believe it is healthy. If the majority of people today had critical thinking skills like we were taught decades ago, we might be in a better space to say that that the average citizen knows what is right and good. :shock:

As it stands today, I sit and watch the current incumbent of the White house backpedaling all over the place on various election promises, changing the rhetoric to present "alternative facts", and yet those that love him have nothing to say, and those that hate him feel empowered to rebel. :hb:

Get over it people! If you don't like it, change it. Not through violent revolution, but through constitutional means. :USA:

I use to think that WE THE PEOPLE were responsible, after all Rule by the Ruled. This for me has changed now, Now we'er going though a process of identifying the problems. WE ARE GETTING CLOSE. I believe its up to them to decide how peaceful it is. I doubt the Constitution is going help, the foot prints are to many.

Lighthorse has recieved thanks for this post, by:

nickdanger

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1247 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:44 pm
They won't give it up peacefully, they invested too much into building the machine that they will not give it up without bloodshed. The purpose of the machine was complete control and monitoring, its not going away, not if they can help it. no remorse or regrets. They own the media propaganda machine too! Look how they attack the outsider that wants to drain the swamp. Repugs and Dimwits alike. All the same, owned by the same banksters.
Molon Labe - King Leonidas' response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae. Translation: "Come and take them"

nickdanger has recieved thanks for this post, by:

DH-KS

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 177 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:14 pm
have Y'all noticed that there is way mroe activity in the past couple of weeks than in a month of Sundays? shrug

Seems like someone is trying to hide some shenanigans by giving us too many things to watch! :shock:

One has to wonder how deep and far this leads. I have an example that makes the point.

My employer has just put out the "suggestions" for our bonus plan this year. These are of course far from suggestions as they dictate the specific amount of each attribute we can weight and it is based on what THEIR goals are. :hb:

OK so a bonus program is no guarantee of money and I accept that they giveth and they can taketh away. However, in reading through the fine print I noticed an interesting tidbit. I am forced to use my personal performance review score as an element in calculation. That's fine, I can make sure that my personal performance makes up for anything they throw at me right? :pop:

Bullcrap! Seems that the target for my personal performance review is a "4" on a 5 point scale. Well again not impossible, except that all performace ratings are bell curved with the standard deviation being centered on a 3! So unless I backstab and undermine everyone else in my department, it is exceedingly unlikely that I will be a couple of standard deviations higher than the norm. Why not just be honest and tell me they are going to claw back some of my potential bonus by screwing me on this attribute?

Well the deal is, there are so many variables in the equation, that any one of them might get overlooked. i was just smart enough to read and understand the terms, and to do some what if calculations to see that I will definitely be giving up some of my potential bonus to this devious drop in the bucket! :poof: :poof: :poof:

I think they are trying to do this to us in every aspect of public life as well. I mean when you have several potential candidates for offices that are being run over a grill, and actions being taken against our enemies that go largely unreported because they are less high profile than decisions to eviscerate departments and programs that our elected officials swore to protect......

So what are we supposed to pay attention to? what is important? What is dangerous? can we possibly evaluate all of this input at one time? :roll:

SO my last question is, what is it that they REALLY REALLY don't want us to pay attention to? wtf

Return to Jokes / Humor