Welcome to SHTF Survival, Disaster and Emergency Preparedness Forums. Click here to register

Camp Fubar SW Maine.

SHTF & Survival Scenarios
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:52 pm
My Summer camp , almost done , sort of.

Interior shot , february - so the screen is covered with plastic to help warm it up. I have put in double paned insul glass since last winter.

From the front door :

I sunk a driven point well 47 feet through the sand last summer also.
More on that in another thread ... The improvised pile driver was fun.

But , I also collect rainwater. A little bleach and a coffee can fliter of sand & steel wool keep it clear and sweet.

Northern border of my property , 50 yards from the cabin. It has fishies , and eventually empties into the Atlantic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:54 pm
Good stuff. All you need is a wood stove and you'll be set.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:59 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:13 pm
And there you are.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:34 pm
Vary nice

Knight of Jerusalem
Gave Thanks: 187 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:28 pm
pretty sweet setup there... :D

"Once when Bruce Nelson was asked by a suspect if the thirteen-round magazine in the P35 was not a big advantage, Bruce’s answer was, “Well, yes, if you plan to miss a lot.” - Jeff Cooper

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:15 pm
Thanks. I built it myself over a few summers. With a few more to go. It sits on 10 acres of birch and oak , with more wild blueberries than you can imagine. Full of deer , turkey, and at least one moose. I've seen bear tracks on the river , but I think they don't want anything to do with the dogs.

At night , the owls make a lot of noise.

I cut a jeep trail in about halfway to the cabin from the road , and one has to walk the rest of the way. Keeps it quieter that way.

Those photos were taken over the past few years as it progressed.

It now has insulated glass instead of merely screen , walls and roof insulated. Floor was , but needs to be redone , only better.

The problem is when I go with the wife & child we play more than work , when I go with just the dogs .. they convince me to take long naps.

I have a problem with drawing water from the well , like I said it's almost 50 feet deep , the water is good , but I used 1.25 ID pipe , in my ignorance of physics , I didn't know a standard pitcher pump can't pull that far. A foot valve that size isn't made , and there are no commercially available motorized pumps that diameter anyway .... Finally found a gizmo called an inertia pump , and a canadian company that sells them cheaply , rather than make my own.

Next up : A rotary hand crank system to lesson the work load to draw the water , maybe a solar/12v motor. .... still mulling that over..

There is also a gasoline generator. But I never use it , except for power tools when building. I plan to bring it back to my home. No power in the woods is fine , no power at home - generator time.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Gave Thanks: 1055 times

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:20 am
Looks Great !

:USA:
Click Here For Google Search Of SHTFM.COM
Click Here For OUR Search Of SHTFM.COM
What Does BOB, BOL, OPSEC And other Acronyms mean ? Click Here To Find Out

10% Off Life Lock - Click Here to learn more

**PRIVACY NOTICE:**
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using www.shtfm.com or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law, under section UCC 1-103 1-308
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Knight of Jerusalem
Gave Thanks: 187 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:23 am
yeah, pitcher pumps work best when the water is within 25 feet or when pumping from a cistern. there are manual pumps that will lift water up to 300 feet...ask at a local farm store, that's where i have seen them. they can also be connected to a turbine style windmill so you could fill a water tower with wind power and have gravity fed water pressure.

"Once when Bruce Nelson was asked by a suspect if the thirteen-round magazine in the P35 was not a big advantage, Bruce’s answer was, “Well, yes, if you plan to miss a lot.” - Jeff Cooper

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:14 pm
very nice.

Next

Return to SHTF & Survival Scenarios