Welcome to SHTF Survival, Disaster and Emergency Preparedness Forums. Click here to register

Some commonly forgotten supplies to stock up on

Supplies You Need And May Not Think About
SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 785 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 pm
I am wondering how many people are stocking up on things that normally are not discussed much or thought about.

How many have lice shampoo available and stocked up? You can use tea tree oil for this also.

How many have ant, fly, roach, and rodent poisons put back for bug control after SHTF, insects and rodents ruin more food then anything else and can cause sickness or death in people.

Paper and pencils in quantity

Chalk, different colored for temporarily marking things, buildings, escape routes, leaving temp messages (in code or in open depending on what your leaving and to whom), etc

Sewing needles in quantity. Needles are something people will need badly after SHTF and not easy to make on your own, unless your skilled.

Eye drops and wash.

ABC fire extinguishes for each vehicle and each room of home.

Rat and mice traps

Feminine hygiene products

Tire repair kit

Hydrogen peroxide

Bailing wire

Zip Ties

Baby Oil

Baking Soda

Baking Powder

Powdered Borax

Sox, cotton heavy duty or wool

Thread
"Tell the Truth, know the escape routes and carry extra ammunition" Georgia Mason in the novel "FEED"

"If you have to shoot, shoot. Don’t talk." -Tuco

A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

SHTF Expert
SHTF Expert
Gave Thanks: 21 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 pm
To expand a bit, I was given a mtn bike by a neighbor and I now have to add a couple of tires, tubes and a lot of patches to the inventory. If we end up with an EMP or CME how many of you have bicycles and how many have the supplies to keep them rolling?

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 785 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:41 am
a77ssii wrote:To expand a bit, I was given a mtn bike by a neighbor and I now have to add a couple of tires, tubes and a lot of patches to the inventory. If we end up with an EMP or CME how many of you have bicycles and how many have the supplies to keep them rolling?

Excellent suggestions.
"Tell the Truth, know the escape routes and carry extra ammunition" Georgia Mason in the novel "FEED"

"If you have to shoot, shoot. Don’t talk." -Tuco

A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 2316 times

Blog:
View Blog (1)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:00 am
:gs:
we have a full stock of papers and pens...daughter works at Target and found a 90% off sale on notebooks.
we have a full stock of basic med supplies, plus eye patches and saline
a small supply of feminine hygiene stuff...daughter says "if you don't want to be birthin' babies, you need to stock condoms". lol
need more mouse traps - check
baby oil...hmm, hadn't thought of that one.
Need to remember wicks for the lanterns too!
On a mountain top .

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 2029 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:32 am
:gs: I particularly agree with the needles and sewing supplies. Wicks for homemade candles too. Don't forget nails and screws for construction (chicken coop etc) and repair needs.
Ignorance shouts, knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

I'd rather be morally correct.

Big government crushes the air out of its citizens more cruelly than the bully sitting on the skinny asthmatic kid. dochudson 2012

“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.” ~ Ayn Rand

Site Admin
Site Admin
Gave Thanks: 1055 times

Blog:
View Blog (32)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:01 pm
Herbalpagan wrote:Need to remember wicks for the lanterns too!

Working on a how to post but was to wet to finish today for making wicks.
Click Here For Google Search Of SHTFM.COM
Click Here For OUR Search Of SHTFM.COM
What Does BOB, BOL, OPSEC And other Acronyms mean ? Click Here To Find Out

10% Off Life Lock - Click Here to learn more

**PRIVACY NOTICE:**
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using www.shtfm.com or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law, under section UCC 1-103 1-308
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:21 pm
cloth diapers
coffee grinder
toothbrushes
antifreeze

SHTF Expert
SHTF Expert
Gave Thanks: 163 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:35 pm
Tubeless Tire Repair Kits....

Plywood, Tarps, Chickenwire...
+1Christian4Israel

Banned
Banned
Gave Thanks: 293 times

Blog:
View Blog (1)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:40 pm
Duct tape and 550 cord.
-GrimOne-future -Fan Replacer post SHTF.
-
Post trauma means you SURVIVED it, quit whining.-Shig Takada
-
My old motto, "Speak like Gandhi, eat like Buddha, shoot like Crockett!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:32 pm
depending on where you are, lots of these can be had post shtf, all you have to do is raid some local shops-even after the initial panic, lots of these things will still be on the shelves because its not somthing people think of first off- what'll go first is guns, ammo, water, food, drugs, then ther would probably be a good deal of the rest left in local shops, just get them before everyone else realises they need them.

Next

Return to Supplies