LONG-TERM STORAGE OF ANTIBIOTICS

General Medical info, tips, and How-tos
SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1 time

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:18 am
I have several bottles of antibiotics, (Amoxicillin, Cipro, Levaquin, ETC), and need some advice on storage. Right now I have them in the freezer. Anyone here with Medical background with some advice?
"Who will govern the governors? There is only one force in the nation that can be depended upon to keep the government pure and the governors honest, and that is the people themselves. They alone, if well informed, are capable of preventing the corruption of power, and of restoring the nation to its rightful course if it should go astray. They alone are the safest depository of the ultimate powers of government"
- Thomas Jefferson

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 2056 times

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:51 pm
btmsx; you're doing the right thing. If the original factory seal is intact, and you store meds in the freezer, they will maintain potency long beyond the expiration date on the bottle. There is HUGE slack built into the expiration date for many reasons, not the least is gov'mint requirements, and built in obsolescence. Hope this helps.

Semper Veritas
Last edited by dochudson on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance shouts, knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

I'd rather be morally correct.

Big government crushes the air out of its citizens more cruelly than the bully sitting on the skinny asthmatic kid. dochudson 2012

“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.” ~ Ayn Rand

SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR
Gave Thanks: 1 time

Blog:
View Blog (0)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:32 pm
Thank You dochudson. I figured I couldnt go wrong freezing them.
"Who will govern the governors? There is only one force in the nation that can be depended upon to keep the government pure and the governors honest, and that is the people themselves. They alone, if well informed, are capable of preventing the corruption of power, and of restoring the nation to its rightful course if it should go astray. They alone are the safest depository of the ultimate powers of government"
- Thomas Jefferson

Return to Medical