Happy Memorial Day
New Things Added
  1. Red Links Mean You Have Not Read That Topic Yet
  2. New Style You Can Use By changing your board preferences here -> ucp.php?i=165
  3. Rules Section Is Up here -> app.php/rules
  4. Videos Section Is Up here -> app.php/video
Don't forget to vote for us here-> http://www.topprepperwebsites.com/vin.php?s=shtfm

Pellet guns are deadly

Bows, knives etc.. talk
nickdanger
SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR

Pellet guns are deadly

Post by nickdanger » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:29 pm

shot with my .177 cal Gamo nitrogen break barrel single shot pellet rifle. I got one of the chicken killers this morning after I noticed coon tracks next to the chicken coop yesterday. I was sleeping lightly and heard the chickens making noises early this morning around first light, got up and looked out the window and could see a pack of raccoons around the coop. I went outside in my underwear (its okay, they're camo) a camo T-shirt and camo slip on shoes with the pellet rifle. The coons were distracted with the chickens and I was able to sneak around to the side of the house and fire from about 25-30 yds at one of them who just happened to look directly at me as I was training the barrel at him. I drilled 'um with a .177 cal pellet. He started kicking and the rest ran off before I could reload. Tonight I set coon cuffs out with marshmallows and peanut butter and jelly. If the rest of the masked bandits come back and get cuffed I'll post more pictures. Now my hens are so upset they didn't lay a single egg today. Dang coons. I declared war on squirrels after they got in my attic and chewed up the soffits. I've popped about 50 squirrels in the last 3 months with this pellet gun. I have it dialed in with the iron sights. if any varmint is within 40 yards of my pellet gun, its dead.

Molon Labe - King Leonidas' response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae. Translation: "Come and take them"

webeable
SHTF Expert
SHTF Expert

Re: Pellet guns are deadly

Post by webeable » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:53 am

Why I have them, use to hunt rabbits with them while delivering the morning paper.
"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."-Sir. Edmund Hillary

langss
Beginner
Beginner

Post by langss » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:29 am

Good Job. I had no idea .177 was powerful enough to bring something that big down.

nickdanger
SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR

Post by nickdanger » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:07 am

There are a bunch of videos on youtube where folks are taking down hogs with pellet guns, quietly, not disturbing the herds or alerting neighbors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jejT_DOIgO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZeyMf74sIk
Molon Labe - King Leonidas' response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae. Translation: "Come and take them"

paramudduck
SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR

Post by paramudduck » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Only good coon is a dead one. I hate those destructive creatures. For the past six years I've had open warfare against coons and possums.

[ Posted via mobile device ] Image
I am the grumpiest hippie you will ever meet. My Blog

When the media is owned by those who believe they have the right to choose leaders, and also believe that only the rich have the right to make decisions, the media ceases to be an objective reporting tool, and becomes an instrument of criminal conspiracy.

Lighthorse
SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR

Post by Lighthorse » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 am

paramudduck wrote:Only good coon is a dead one. I hate those destructive creatures. For the past six years I've had open warfare against coons and possums.

I have two male Pitbulls 4 years old, nothing comes inside the fence, NOTHING.... If something does, I know it right away. :pop:

[ Posted via mobile device ] Image
Be ever so carful of the Intellects, It will be the Simple folks that hold the Mark.

Fictional Character
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fictional Character » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:32 am

Click Here For OUR Search Of SHTFM.COM

Click Here For My DIY / How to make kerosene / oil lantern wicks

Click Here for my Chest Fridge with power consumption readings

**PRIVACY NOTICE:**
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using http://www.shtfm.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law, under section UCC 1-103 1-308
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lighthorse
SHTFM SPONSOR
SHTFM SPONSOR

Post by Lighthorse » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:28 am

Cool, I've seen these Big Bores, but never seen someone shoot a deer with one. Notice how the whole group spooked when he shot, must be the high pressure air sound. Hell I've shot in to a group like that before with a 12ga and none of them ran, including the one I shot.
Be ever so carful of the Intellects, It will be the Simple folks that hold the Mark.

Return to “Other Weapons”